Release date: 07/01/2016
Genre: Post Punk, Prog
Compulsion is the studio album Crispy Ambulance might have recorded after The Plateau Phase, with six of the eight tracks now included on FBN 54 written and performed back in 1982. To these are now added Rain Without Clouds, a previously unreleased outtake from The Plateau Phase newly restored from the original multitrack masters, and WMTP.2 with added synth lines by producer-cum fifth member Graham Massey (of 808 State and Biting Tongues).
Almost uniquely, Crispy Ambulance has retained the same line-up since the group was founded in 1978: Alan Hempsall (vocals, keyboards), Gary Madeley (drums), Robert Davenport (guitars) and Keith Darbyshire (bass).
"There's a sense of feeling compelled by irresistible forces," explains Alan Hempsall. "Compulsion is an apt way to describe our constant urge to go back and make music with people we've known since childhood. While the world may have changed, our music continues to be the product of the same influences - the passing of time, the changing of the seasons, the content of our sleeping dreams, and the existence of space."
1. Rainforest Ritual
2. Say Shake
3. Nightfall Ends the Ceasefire
4. At the Sounding of the Klaxon
6. Rain Without Clouds
7. Lucifer Rising
8. Open, Gates of Fire
A limited edition of 500 vinyl copies (with free download) for Record Store Day 2015. Cover image by Peter Staessens. We have a handful of copies remaining.
Three Wishes: Part Time Punks Sessions is the brand new album featuring exclusive studio quality live sessions recorded in LA by The June Brides, 14...
1. Dawning (Version), 2. AYU (ambient), 3. Calypso, 4. Interzonal, 5. Kendang, 6. Contemplation, 7. Helicopterz, 8. Urban Gamelan Download available with purchase of LP+DVD.Beyond...
1. Water 2. Little One 3. The Boy 4. Wards Island 5. Broken Kid 6. Detached 7. Catch a Falling Star “The Boy” explores the...
1. So Far Away 2. Susumu My Man 3. Breathing Waves 4. I Thought I Knew 5. Electro Note Magnet 6. Be Gentle With Yourself...
180-gram limited vinyl 12" (black vinyl, 300 copies worldwide). LIMITED TO 300 COPIES WORLDWIDE! One of the inaugural releases on the brand new limited-vinyl-only label...
On sale. Debut full length by an eight-piece from Nottingham, England who play guitars as well as trumpet and violin and have earned comparisons to...
Limited to 300 copies. ‘Coming after my first solo accordion recording (rumeur on creative sources, 2004), cinq bruissements is a new step into the exploration...
1. You Are Like Charles Lindberg to Me 2. Monday Turns to Monday Night 3. Back Roads Under a Giant Sky 4. Alex Runs the...