Lost Tribe Sound
Release date: 01/21/2014
Genre: Electronic, Ambient
2xCD in a Japanese style digi-wallet made of extra heavy uncoated stock with matte disc artwork. Limited to 450. Seattle-based Benoit Pioulard has become a stalwart of the Kranky label over the course of four albums, the most recent of which is Hymnal. Remixes by Loscil (Kranky), The Remote Viewer (City Center Offices/Moteer), Field Rotation (Facture/ Denovali) and others including Pioulard himself.
Seattle-based Benoît Pioulard has become a stalwart of Chicago’s kranky imprint over the course of four full-lengths, the most recent of which is Hymnal. Lost Tribe Sound is pleased to release Hymnal Remixes, a compendium of interpretations, constructions, reductions and destructions.
Hymnal arose from a year spent in the UK and on mainland Europe, during which time religious architecture became an unexpected muse; the album’s songs convey a reverent tone through layers of analogue warmth, balancing ambient pieces with subdued pop tunes.
On Remixes, roll call yields the likes of Loscil (kranky), The Remote Viewer (City Center Offices/Moteer), Field Rotation (Facture/ Denovali), and Pioulard himself, as well as Lost Tribe regulars William Ryan Fritch, Graveyard Tapes, Part Timer, and Cock & Swan. The collection is loosely split in half by stylistic direction, the more rhythm-oriented first disc balanced by the ambient leanings of the second. Each entry is a unique study of its original version, and together they create a multi-faceted & radiant whole.
1. Mercy (Fieldhead Remix)
2. Margin (William Ryan Fritch Remix)
3. Excave (Squanto Remix)
4. Litiya (The Green Kingdom Remix)
5. Homily (Cock and Swan Remix)
6. Florid (Brambles Remix)
7. Censer (Field Rotation Remix)
8. Reliquary (Part Timer Remix)
9. Margin (Zachary Gray Remix)
10. Foxtail (Graveyard Tapes Remix)
1. Hawkeye (The Remote Viewer Remix)
2. Censer (Segue Remix)
3. Knell (Widesky Remix)
4. Florid (Loscil Remix)
5. Foxtail (Radere Remix)
6. Gospel (James Murray Remix)
7. Reliquary (Benoît Honoré Pioulard Remix)
8. Margin (Ruhe Remix)
9. Gospel (Window Magic Remix)
Fuzzy Box is honored to present to you B. Fleischmann’s first American release. This Austrian knob-tweaker has successfully established himself as a crucial element to...
1. Cherry Blossoms 2. My Song 15 3. Show & Tell 4. Fool For Your Love 5. Quand Tombent Les Ombres 6. I'll Say Goodbye...
A gleefully silly romp through the more twee side of '60s pop culture, the full-length debut by Los Angeles' Baby Lemonade is like their compatriots the Wondermints (most of...
1. Greenboat 2. Tailor in the Making 3. Luminosity 4. Backofavan 5. Clap Your Hands 6. Pop Tarte 7. Underground D.J. 8. High Life Suite...
Baby Lemonade, one of the greatest hopes for Los Angeles rock & roll in recent memory, have delivered a second album which almost puts their...
Bad Apples released great album last year, now they are back. You heard their brilliant song "Lead Sister" first time on Seksound compilation "Kohalik ja...
On their 2010 album, Bad Apples continue in the vein of their home label Seksound in Estonia -- low-key, shoegaze-tinged, and wistful pop/rock that is...
1. All The Parks Are Closed2. Never Bothered Land3. Good Mood4. Collage5. Ultravixen6. When Colours Become Day And Night7. Mimes8. Elephant And Castle9. Landscapes10. Jesus...