1. Edward, Had You Ever Thought That The End Of The World Would Come On 20.9.01?
2. The Ok Thing To Do On Sunday Afternoon Is To Toddle In The Zoo
4. Victor, Fly Me To Stafford
5. Leo, Are You Still Jumping Out Of Windows In Expensive Clothes?
6. I Don't Know How To Download Good Av Like Iris Does
7. You Smile Like A Blossom
9. When I Listen To The Field Mice
10. Mountaintop, Doll, Lollypop
12. Because I Was Too Nervous At That Time
13. You Don't Wanna Be My Girlfriend, Phoebe
14. Dee, It May All End Tomorrow
MY LITTLE AIRPORT is an indie-pop/electro-noise-pop band from Hong Kong (the second Hong Kong artist in the Elefant Records story, right after THE PANCAKES), formed by P and Nicole, college classmates since 2001, and well known in the Hong Kong area thanks to the big success they had with their debut album.
"Zoo is sad, people are cruel", is a fourteen-song album compiling the best moments off their two albums. A sweetest selection that will make you laugh and it will make you sigh, and above all it will fill you with joy.
Their lyrics are about relationships and stories between P and his friends and acquaintances. Really, the lyrics are about this. Just check out song titles like "Victor, fly me to Stafford", "You don't wanna be my girlfriend, Phoebe" or "Leo, are you still jumping out of windows in expensive clothes?".
Their twee-pop sound shares the naïveté of the Sarah Records bands, the simple chrams of CONFETTI and THE SOFTIES and the unaffected intonations of HEAVENLY's Amelia Fletcher. Sometimes, their sound tends more towards punk-pop à la HELEN LOVE (as in the short pill that is "Gigi Leung is dead"), and they also openly acknowledge their fondness for SLOWDIVE y MOJAVE 3, who might be a big influence on the final track, "Dee, it may all end up tomorrow". But, with a song titled "When I listen to The Field Mice", what else could they be but an indie band?