Factory Benelux presents Collaborator, a collection of electro remixes by Berlin-based producer and musician Mark Reeder.
Expanding on Reeder's acclaimed Five Point One collection in 2011, Collaborator gathers together door-wobbling remixes for European dance acts such as Westbam, Koishii & Hush and Blank & Jones, along with electronic and EDM artists including Ladytron singer Helen Marnie, elegant Greek synthpop duo Marsheaux, and hotly-tipped newcomer Queen of Hearts (aka Elizabeth Morphew).
Reeder's early influence on the electronic/dance direction taken by New Order after 1981 is reflected in several collaborations with his friend Bernard Sumner. As well as sharp electro remixes of the two Bad Lieutenant singles Sink Or Swim and Twist of Fate, Sumner is also the featured vocalist on tracks by Westbam, Blank & Jones and Corvin Dalek (the latter track an early version of New Order single Crystal). Sumner also produced You Hurt Me by Reeder's band Shark Vegas, released as a single on Factory way back in 1986.
Other featured vocalists range from postpunk poet Anne Clark to Duran Duran bassist John Taylor, all topped off by a beguiling version of I'm In Love With A German Film Star, recorded by noted British artist Sam Taylor Wood with the Pet Shop Boys. A truly collaborative effort! Cover photography by Katja Ruge.
1. Bad Lieutenant Sink Or Swim (Rettungsring Radio Remix)
2. Marsheaux So Far (So Close Remix)
3. Corvin Dalek w. Bernard Sumner Crystal (Demo Mix)
4. Koishii & Hush w. John Taylor C'est Tout Est Noir (Black Night Remix)
5. Blank & Jones w. Bernard Sumner Miracle Cure (Genussmittel Remix)
6. Blank & Jones w. Anne Clark The Hardest Heart (Hardest Soul Remix)
7. Marnie Sugarland (Sweet & Sticky Remix)
8. Queen of Hearts Neon (Electrically Excited Remix)
9. Sam Taylor Wood w. Pet Shop Boys I'm In Love With A German Film Star (Stuck in the 80s Remix)
10. Westbam w. Bernard Sumner She Wants (Old School Remix)
11. Die Unbekannten Radio War (Re-tuned)
12. Bad Lieutenant Twist of Fate (Synth of Fate Remix)
13. Shark Vegas You Hurt Me (Radio Edit)
M. Grig is a multi-instrumentalist who specializes in dobro, lap steel and pedal steel guitar living in Durham, North Carolina. His songs are beautiful, slow, wistful...
1. Stasis 2. Division 3. Hang 4. Counterpoise 5. New Lights 6. Congruence 7. Inertia 8. Parity
Darla Records is proud to offer the first digital and CD reissue of M.I.A.'s fourth and final record After the Fact, originally released on Flipside Records in early...
A six song, digital-only EP featuring three tracks each from newly remastered albums, Notes From the Underground and After the Fact. This is the first time the two...
Darla Records is proud to offer the first digital and CD reissue of M.I.A.'s third record Notes from the Underground, originally released on National Trust Records, December,...
It is undoubtedly Madeline’s voice that sets her apart from other singer-songwriters. As clear and precise as handbells with just the slightest country twang, its...