Powder blue vinyl limited to 500.
On vinyl for the first time ever! Remastered collector’s edition. Exclusive one-time run on Powder Blue vinyl. Double-LP, Dual Gatefold Jacket, Download Card. Only 500 exist.
"An awesome cover-compilation!" -PASTE
"An outstanding and highly varied assortment of SMITHS covers" -CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND
"A worthwhile tribute that reinvents the songs while retaining the SMITHS glorious spirit." -NME
2. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before - The Rest
3. What Difference Does It Make? - Joy Zipper
4. Shoplifters Of The World Unite - Tanya Donelly W/ Dylan In The Movies
5. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want – William Fitzsimmons
1. I Won't Share You - Sixpence None The Richer
2. Well I Wonder - Sara Lov
3. Half A Person - Greg Laswell
4. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - Dala
5. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - Chikita Violenta
1. Sheila Take A Bow - Telekinesis
2. Is It Really So Strange? - Solvents
3. Hand In Glove - The Wedding Present
4. How Soon Is Now? - Mike Viola And The Section Quartet
5. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out – Trespassers William
1. Rubber Ring - Girl In A Coma
2. I Know It's Over - Elk City
3. What She Said - La Sera
5. Reel Around The Fountain - Doug Martsch (Built To Spill)
American Laundromat Records has enlisted a herd of indie-rock luminaries - including The Wedding Present, Built to Spill’s Doug Martsch, Throwing Muses co-founder Tanya Donelly, Telekinesis and William Fitzsimmons to contribute covers of 20 classic songs by The Smiths for this new tribute CD. In a fitting touch, the label - which previously has released the compilations Just Like Heaven: A Tribute to The Cure and Dig for Fire: A Tribute to the Pixies - was able to secure a photo of ’60s U.K. pop star Sandie Shaw for the cover art; Shaw, of course, was a favorite of both Morrissey and Johnny Marr who, in 1984, covered The Smiths’ "Hand in Glove." It's an outstanding tribute to The Smiths and highly recommended.