(DRL222-1C: 708527022214/DRL222-1A: 708527022214/DRL222-2B: 708527202227/DRL222-3B/DRL222-3C/DRL222: 708527022221/DRL222-3)
Release date: 09/28/2009
Genre: Electronic, Shoegaze
All three formats have the same three bonus tracks.
Second Pressing 2xLP limited to 1000. First time on vinyl. New cover art. Remastered. LP1 Clear Pink vinyl/LP2 Clear vinyl. 2xLP in gatefold jacket. Comic printed on inside gatefold. Download coupon. Three bonus tracks (2xLP tracklist below). Highest quality vinyl pressing: Mastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk. Pressed at Gotta Groove Records. Made with love and care. Began shipping week of 4/12/21.
SOLD OUT: First Pressing 2xLP limited to 1000. First time on vinyl. New cover art. Remastered. LP1 Coke Bottle Green/ LP2 Transparent Purple 2xLP in gatefold jacket. Comic printed on inside gatefold. Download coupon. Three bonus tracks (2xLP tracklist below). Highest quality vinyl pressing: Remastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk. Pressed at Gotta Groove Records. Made with love and care. Began shipping week of 4/12/21.
#2: REMASTERED CD+COMIC BOOK/DIGITAL release date 1/22/2021.
Remastered CD+Comic Book in digipak with new cover art. Eight page stapled comic book insert. Three bonus tracks. Remastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk.
MP3 album (24 bit, 320 kbps, 3 bonus tracks). Remastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk.
FLAC album (24 bit, 3 bonus tracks). Remastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk.
ORIGINAL CD PRESSING: CD in digipak with original artwork. Less than 100 left in stock. Available at sale price for a limited time.
MP3 album: Original edition available now direct and via all services (New edition with three bonus tracks).
Sweet Trip's third album You Will Never Know Why (2009) still sounds new and unlike anything else. Laden with bossa, latin, electronic and shoegaze influences, male/female vocal interplay, immaculate acoustic guitars, pulsing bass lines, complex rhythms, odd time signatures, lush strings and imaginative sound effects, there's a lot going on with the Sweet Trip sound; however, you couldn’t possibly tire of it. The songs are always so refreshing.
Here's an opportunity to unlearn ridged pop, rock, electronic, shoegaze genre orthodoxies. Sweet Trip uniquely hybridizes all in an aural jigsaw puzzle forming an empathetic message and futurist soundscape providing the listener with a new perspective and the ability to better cope with our brave new world.
Sweet Trip's second album, Velocity: Design: Comfort (2003), is widely recognized as an essential shoegaze/electronic hybrid landmark in both genres.
You Will Never Know Why, is Sweet Trip exercising their vision with greater confidence, showing comfort with more traditional instrumentation and composition with complete song lyrics.
Roberto Burgos and Valerie Reyes are Sweet Trip. Roby and Valerie both write the songs and lyrics. Both play guitars and keyboards. Both sing. Roby is the programmer, the sound architect. You Will Never Know Why was recorded at his home on computer.
2xLP track list:
1. Conservation of Two 2:42
2. Air Supply 4:42
3. Forever 3:59
4. Acting 7:06
- A run time: 18:29
5. Milk 4:25
6. Darkness 6:19
7. To the Moon 4:10
8. Song About a Sea 1:31
9. Song About a Sun 1:32
- B run time: 17:57
10. No Words to Be Found 2:48
11. Pretending 5:05
12. Misfortunes are Cruel 4:18
13. Your World is Eternally Complete 4:20
- C run time: 16:31
14. Female Lover 4:05
15. Silence 1:56
16. Where the Sunrise Dies, So Does The Echo of Your Voice 5:34
17. Things to Ponder While Falling (New Recording) 4:07
- D run time: 15:42
CD+Comic Book in digipak with new cover art track list:
1. Conservation of Two, 2. Air Supply, 3. Forever, 4. Acting, 5. Milk, 6. Darkness, 7. To the Moon, 8. Song About a Sea, 9. Song About a Sun, 10. No Words to Be Found, 11. Pretending, 12. Misfortunes are Cruel, 13. Your World is Eternally Complete, 14. Female Lover, 15. Silence, 16. Where the Sunrise Dies, So Does The Echo of Your Voice, 17. Things to Ponder While Falling (New Recording)
CD (Original pressing) and digital track list:
1. Conservation of Two, 2. Air Supply, 3. Forever, 4. Acting, 5. Milk, 6. Darkness, 7. To the Moon, 8. Song About a Sea, 9. Song About a Sun, 10. No Words to Be Found, 11. Pretending, 12. Misfortunes are Cruel, 13. Your World is Eternally Complete, 14. Female Lover
CD original pressing: Digipak printed with soy based ink on 100% recycled board with aqueous coating. No oil used! Even our plastic trays are made from 100% recycled material. Packaging made by Ross Ellis, a Forest Service Council certified business.
About Sweet Trip:
• Sweet Trip has toured, collaborated, and remixed artists like Cornelius, Takako Minekawa, DJ Me DJ You, Arling and Cameron, Buffalo Daughter, Momus, The Strokes, Club 8, Windy & Carl, Mates of State, Aisler's Set, Halou, Junior Varsity KM, Julie Plug, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Rook Vallard, Color Filter, The Year Zero, among others.
• Sweet Trip has also been featured in publications like SOMA, The San Francisco Chronicle, SF Weekly, Losing Today, Erasing Clouds, Spin, Alternative Press, Magnet, Giant Robot, and XLR8R.
• "Dsco" (Velocity:Design:Comfort) appeared on an episode of The Bionic Woman on NBC.
• "Palomar" (Alura EP) was featured on the official trailer for the 22nd San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival.
"Milk" is about an insomniac frustrated with their lover's easy sleep.
"Air Supply" is about a person bitter with their unstable partner.
"Conservation of Two" kicks off the album with testosterone injected bass lines, not angry mind you, but forceful and fearless. The drum beats race perfectly with the bass, like an earthquake tearing through the ground. “Face. Guard These Eyes from the Gloom,” wise vocalizations backed by a shimmery progression of half clean, half distorted fender guitars, all necessary to elevate you from the sinking cracked earth.
"Misfortunes are Cruel": Modernized New Order? Or a cousin to Broadcast’s “America’s Boy?” It's the record’s most *electronic* song, with Sweet Trip waving its usual magic wand creating a synthesized spell of pulsing beat programs, throbbing bass lines, glittering arpeggios, crystallizing sound effects. The guitars are simple but memorable.
"To the Moon": Sort of post-punk, marvelous track, pay attention to the dramatic changes -- this is what Sweet Trip is so good at! This is a song that will make your feet move uncontrollably, your breathing irregular because of the beauty of the strings and the thrill of the guitars. Hit the repeat button again and again and rock on!
"Forever": Dark and contemplative, heavy drum beats, sounds and keyboards have a rather vintage, Wurlitzer feel, deep and impactful and velvety. The song is short but impressive and again, it truly rocks.
"Acting": Complex drums, Bossa Nova influences, odd time signatures, driving beats and complex arrangements. The guitars, keeping up with the odd time signatures are all too exhilarating. This is the longest song in the album but you wish it would never end. Epic. A million exclamation points!!!!!!!!!
Delusions of Adequacy
Originally released digitally on Iboga in 2014, Live on the Roadblog is the latest full-length by Saafi Brothers, comprised of longtime dubtech-nician Gabriel Le Mar...
Release Date: 11/6/2020Moon and Sea by Sachi Kobayashi is a wistful and romantic accompaniment for window gazing and sleepless nights. Sachi is a Japanese producer based...
White vinyl 10" with download limited to 500.SAGRADO CORAZÓN DE JESÚS is the project of Jesús Fernández, a magical and celestial being. His demos caused...
1. Plastic Surgery, 2. Bicycle Thieves, 3. Le Weekend, 4. Make it Soft, 5. Static, 6. Girls are the New Boys, 7. 2500 Walden Ave.,...
1. Vesuvius, 2. Absence, 3. Que Quieres?, 4. Happy Robots, 5. Kaspian, 6. Dreams Mean Nothing, 7. The Good Life, 8. Intimacy, 9. The Sound...
1. Futurismo, 2. Shopping, 3. Song For Hugo, 4. Electron, 5. Sueno Escolar, 6. Impact, 7. Snow, 8. Free Fall, 9. Movimiento, 10. Have You...
White vinyl 10" with download limited to 500. TRACKLIST: 01 Ada Hoy Se Va A Enamorar 02 Todos Los Besos Del Mundo 03 BSO 04...