If We Meet in the Future 20th Anniversary bundle.
The bundle combines all three CDs Saloon released on Darla (US) and Track and Field (UK), 2002-2006.
The debut. (This is) What We Call Progress:
Of the many pleasures of pop music, this quintet out of Reading, England emphasizes, above all others, the soothing lull of repetition, repetition, repetition. It’s the aspect of rock music that may be its most culturally valuable, aligning it with the transcendent folk traditions the world over and the existential inquires of the avant-garde. The American masters of repetitive bliss were the Velvet Underground, who had consciously transplanted avant-garde envelope-pushing into their rock band format. The same cue was taken elsewhere. In Sweden, for example, a group of forward thinking hippies adopted Terry Riley’s minimalist ideas and created cathartic one-chord rock under the band names Parson Sound, International Harvester, and Trees Grass and Stone. The German movement in this area has become commonly known as Krautrock: an hypnotic music for the drone of the autobahn. And England has its tradition, of which Saloon is a late entry.
1. Plastic Surgery, 2. Bicycle Thieves, 3. Le Weekend, 4. Make it Soft, 5. Static, 6. Girls are the New Boys, 7. 2500 Walden Ave., 8. Across the Great Divide, 9. My Everyday Silver is Plastic, 10. Victor Safronov
Record #2. If We Meet In The Future:
Combining the droning rhythms and Teutonic synth textures of Stereolab with the indie pop tunefulness of Velocity Girl or the Sundays.
1. Vesuvius, 2. Absence, 3. Que Quieres?, 4. Happy Robots, 5. Kaspian, 6. Dreams Mean Nothing, 7. The Good Life, 8. Intimacy, 9. The Sound of Thinking, 10. I Could Have Loved a Tyrant
Record #3. The singles collection ++. Lo-Fi Sounds, Hi-Fi Heart:
Incorporating a complete collection of the ethereal British electro-pop band Saloon's vinyl single output as well as the added bonus of four previously unreleased cuts, this compilation includes one of eclectic U.K. DJ legend John Peel's favorite songs in "Girls Are the New Boys" and a downbeat electro-classic in the Moog-laced "Free Fall."
1. Futurismo, 2. Shopping, 3. Song For Hugo, 4. Electron, 5. Sueno Escolar, 6. Impact, 7. Snow, 8. Free Fall, 9. Movimiento, 10. Have You Seen the Light, 11. Girls Are The New Boys (7" version), 12. Solitude, 13. I Am the Cheese, 14. Pink, 15. Conquistador, 16. Chromosomes, 17. I've Found a Way
$12.60 - Sold Out
Originally released digitally on Iboga in 2014, Live on the Roadblog is the latest full-length by Saafi Brothers, comprised of longtime dubtech-nician Gabriel Le Mar...
Release Date: 11/6/2020Moon and Sea by Sachi Kobayashi is a wistful and romantic accompaniment for window gazing and sleepless nights. Sachi is a Japanese producer based...
White vinyl 10" with download limited to 500.SAGRADO CORAZÓN DE JESÚS is the project of Jesús Fernández, a magical and celestial being. His demos caused...
1. Plastic Surgery, 2. Bicycle Thieves, 3. Le Weekend, 4. Make it Soft, 5. Static, 6. Girls are the New Boys, 7. 2500 Walden Ave.,...
1. Vesuvius, 2. Absence, 3. Que Quieres?, 4. Happy Robots, 5. Kaspian, 6. Dreams Mean Nothing, 7. The Good Life, 8. Intimacy, 9. The Sound...
1. Futurismo, 2. Shopping, 3. Song For Hugo, 4. Electron, 5. Sueno Escolar, 6. Impact, 7. Snow, 8. Free Fall, 9. Movimiento, 10. Have You...
White vinyl 10" with download limited to 500. TRACKLIST: 01 Ada Hoy Se Va A Enamorar 02 Todos Los Besos Del Mundo 03 BSO 04...