The fourth volume in the acclaimed archive series Oh! It's a Lovely War, this CD double album and download runs for 150 minutes and features 50 rare British period sound recordings from the First World War era. The recording dates are set out below, all selections having been sympathetically remastered using CEDAR technology.
The booklet features detailed historical and recording notes by James Hayward. This series is a must for military and social historians as well as collectors of vintage song, music hall and comedy recordings.
1. PLUM & APPLE Fred Hilton (December 1917)
2. BLIGHTY FOR ME Dick Denton (aka Foster Richardson) (October 1916)
3. TEN LITTLE ZEPPELINS Harry Bluff (February 1917)
4. NO MORE BULLY BEEF & BISCUITS Fred Haywood (1919)
5. WAIT TILL YOU GET THEM UP IN THE AIR, BOYS Harry Fay (May 1920)
6. FOR EMPIRE & FOR ENGLAND Harrison Latimer (May 1915)
7. THE BULLDOG'S BARK Stanley Kirkby (February 1912)
8. APPEAL FOR £1,000,000 FOR MAIMED SCOTTISH SOLDIERS & SAILORS Harry Lauder (August 1917)
9. SHOUTHER TO SHOUTHER (SHOULDER TO SHOULDER) Harry Lauder (August 1917)
10. CAPTAIN GINJAH, O.T. George Bastow (December 1911)
11. JUST KEEP MARCHING ALONG Foster Richardson (October 1917)
12. ALL THE BOYS IN KHAKI GET THE NICE GIRLS F.W. Ramsey (December 1915)
13. THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE ME Jessie Donaldson & Lionel Rothery (August 1916)
14. CARRY ON, MADELON Lionel Rothery (December 1919)
15. IN MY AEROPLANE FOR TWO Herbert Payne (December 1907)
16. AT THE END OF A LANE OF SHADOWS Foster Richardson (July 1918)
17. SERGEANT SOLOMON ISAACSTEIN Gus Harris (October 1916)
18. WE SHALL ALL DO THE GOOSE STEP Stanley Kirkby (February 1915)
19. WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING John McCormack (September 1916)
20. SOMEWHERE A VOICE IS CALLING John McCormack (November 1914)
21. COURAGE Ruby Helder (November 1914)
22. CAPTURE OF A GERMAN SPY descriptive sketch record (December 1914)
23. THERE'S A TRAMP TRAMP TRAMP UPON THE HIGHWAY Robert Carr (October 1918)
24. IT'S A LONG, LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY unknown British POW circa 1918
25. A PERFECT DAY Royal Cremona Orchestra (July 1916)
1. I'D LIKE TO BE A HERO, TOO Henry Britton (aka George Baker) (November 1914)
2. THE GIRLS ALL DOTE ON A MILITARY MAN Harry Fay (December 1911)
3. WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT FORGOTTEN BY THE GIRL YOU CAN'T FORGET S. Kirkby (February 1916)
4. TELL MY DADDY TO COME HOME AGAIN Stanley Kirkby (February 1915)
5. THE CORPORAL'S DITTY Harry Dearth (1911)
6. THE COMPANY SERGEANT MAJOR Harry Dearth (1911)
7. DEPARTURE OF AUSTRALIAN TROOPS FOR THE FRONT descriptive sketch (May 1915)
8. A 'BRITISH' HERO descriptive sketch record (December 1914)
9. BLIGHTY Herbert Payne (September 1916)
10. ENGLAND! THY NAME! Robert English (September 1914)
11. OH! OH! OH! I WANT TO GO HOME Harry Fay (February 1919)
12. I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES Robert Thurston (March 1920)
13. I'VE A BIT OF A BLIGHTY ONE Vesta Tilley (1917)
14. THE LADS FROM OUR VILLAGE Zona Vevey (July 1917)
15. THERE'S A LAND Stanley Kirkby (September 1914)
16. WORK, BOYS, WORK (AND BE CONTENTED) Harry Champion (October 1915)
17. WHEN THE MOON SHINES BRIGHT ON CHARLIE CHAPLIN Stanley Kirkby (December 1915)
18. BABY TANK (FOX-TROT) Black Diamonds Band (January 1919)
19. THERE'S A SHIP THAT'S BOUND FOR BLIGHTY Olive Burton (1916)
20. BELGIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM (LA BRABANCONNE) Ivor Lewis and Walter Wilmott (September 1914)
21. THE MARSEILLAISE The King's Military Band (August 1914)
22. WHEN WE MARCH THROUGH BERLIN TOWN Edward Glynn (1915)
23. DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES orchestra (circa 1910)
24. LLOYD GEORGE'S BEER Ernie Mayne (1917)
25. POPPY APPEAL MESSAGE Prince Edward, H.R.H. the Prince of Wales (1933)
2xCD audiobook. ISBN: 978-0-9554335-1-1 (13 digit), 0-9554335-1-7 (10 digit). CD41 is proud to present a new audiobook double CD featuring more than two hours of...
This is the third volume of Oh! It's a Lovely War, the series devoted to historic recordings of songs, marches and descriptive sketches from the...
The second of four volumes in our acclaimed archive series, this double CD album and download set runs for 150 minutes and features rare period...
The first of four volumes in our acclaimed archive series Oh! It's A Lovely War, this CD album and digital download runs for 74 minutes and...
An evocative double-disc set (and digital download), The Home Front features 150 minutes of archive audio material recorded between 1939 and 1945. The 45 tracks cover all...
This 70 minute collection showcases rare audio material recorded between October 1939 and June 1940. Much of the content is contemporary first-hand accounts by officers...
$13.99 - Sold Out